Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Lahn-lahned

Latest Hokkien word entry: KAU PEI KAU BO

Blogfame must be the eighth deadliest sin. I have been condemned recently for zealously pursuing blog popularity. Hope my blogitors would forgive this selfish, mercenary, goddam chiak lat act. Everybody makes mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils, and backspace on computers. I will not ask E-list celebrities to hold up sisuahlai.blogspot.com placard anymore.

Thanks for the feedback. I have made my own decision and gave Milly the swimming toy. She said she was not impressed. ADOOI! Was I being childish with my choice? The shopkeeper said they do not do refunds once the toy was opened.




Sisuahlai. Technorati ranking: 1,097,340. Lahn-lahned!

2 Comments:

Blogger lucia said...

hi! i came in here after you drop in my blog.

many penangites speak hokkien... including me of course, though i am a khek (hakka). right from a little girl, i speak hokkien all the time, thus now my hokkien is way way better than my hakka (actually can't understand hakka when it is too deep).

i guess being one who speaks hokkien, i can relate to your blog.

ah the phrase 'kau pei kau bu' i used it often too. it is sort of a replacement word for 'grumbling'. when someone grumbles too much i will use it... but according to your earlier post, it is wrong usage eh?

January 23, 2006 1:53 PM  
Blogger Zhee said...

someone juz post ur site in forum.lowyat.net

saying ur site is a language that speak by 4 family only.

January 23, 2006 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts