Monday, January 30, 2006

Toh Huwek

TOH v. vomit
uwa (thai)
HUWEK n. (pronounced h00-wegg) blood
ler-ad (thai)

Low budget kungfu movies often depict impeding death by blood-vomiting. Visually, we all seem to understand the seriousness of this condition. Hence the phrase TOH HUWEK is adopted to describe the severity, seriousness of a particular situation. The phrase also describes extreme frustration.

Extreme frustration:

Auntie: I tell my son until I toh huwek, he still go out with that bad char bo (girl).

Thai Auntie: Arai? (what to do you say?)

Auntie: My son mix with bad char bo, bad influence. I warn him until I toh huwek, still he never listen.

Thai Auntie: Arai?

Auntie: You also. Nobody understand me. Toh huwek man!


Extreme difficulty:

Ah Meng: My son is not very sporty.

Ah Chee: He is too small-la. Teach and train him until you toh huwek, also no use.



Sisuahlai.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wuching said...

i like this toh huwek best so far..kong si fa cai! or should i say keong hee huat jai! :)

January 29, 2006 7:42 AM  
Blogger E said...

eh.. lu eh ang pao mai siew ka lu toh huwek ah!! na si lu oOo kueh taw che lui... mai beh ki tek ho wa tam pok!

January 29, 2006 1:51 PM  
Blogger Sisuahlai said...

Wuching: Thank you for the festive wishes. Let me know if you have any Hokkien or Thai words that you would like me to blog on.
Edison: Not receiving ang pow now, giving them out instead.

January 30, 2006 7:10 AM  
Blogger E said...

wah.. means.. u married liao ah? then... gimme lo! :0

January 30, 2006 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You? Give out?! True or not? Where's mine la?

February 03, 2006 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts