Sunday, February 19, 2006

Bo-yong

BO-YONG adv., v. no use, unreliable
TAU-NAU n. brain

I haven't slept today. My tau-nau bo-yong (brain is useless!). I haven't found a good material to blog on.

Need to sleep to rejuvenate then leng-cheng (a Teochew word) enough to write some more.

Concussed. Sisuahlai.

P/s: Be careful how you pronounce leng-cheng, which really means rejuvenate in Teochew, if you said it right. You don't want Hokkien-speaking people to think that you have a "swollen breast"! Aisayman.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wuching said...

here's my foochow contribution to 'bo-yong' = 'moh-yorng'

February 19, 2006 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kong aneh cheh pun bo-yong...;)

Hey, hensem-boy...chk ur email...have sent u some pixs...hopefully when u look at em, u will have some ideas of what to write... ;)

February 19, 2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger Francis Ho said...

Kan kenny kong pun si Bo-yong.
Ei boh thou nau!


My hokkien sucks! Hey I'm Hainanese ok.

February 19, 2006 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts