Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sometimes Sisuahlai Gets TU-LAHN

TU v. meet
LAHN n. male genital

Let me correct you. I don't get to meet lahns, male genitals. I am not going to some male genitalia convention. Even if there is one, I am not interested. TU-LAHN means to feel frustrated, dissatisfied and most displeased.

I have been working for 8 hours solidly and my kunchu (junior in Malay) asked for rest after working less hours than me! How can one? But being a foolish compassionate idiot like I am, I let them go for their breaks and I suffered silently, gritting my teeth through those busy hours. This is how TU-LAHN feels like. You cannot vent your anger, because you need to motivate your team and you cannot voice your displeasure, because you don't want to be their least favourite honcho.

Kek-sim. Sisuahlai.

And lastly, G., thanks for the card. I know it's the thought that counts.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Literally, "tu-lan" means pig's genitals, rite? Guess it means the same as "siew khee" or "kek sim"?? Many people, when they are "tu-lan", they will use phrases or words that rhyme...like "Kwei lan!" and so on.

February 15, 2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger Sisuahlai said...

Suituapui: You are correct also. I just like the to think that tu-lahn means to meet genitals. I think the idea of meeting lahns would anger and disturb me more than the idea of someone calling me pig's genital.

February 15, 2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger Francis Ho said...

Speaking of genitals (u started it), the other expression that came to mind was "lahn pah chang"!

being eerrr, stepping up to the next level of frustration when the "tu-lahn" matter was not resolved!

(this expression being strictly restricted to males of course! kekeke)

February 15, 2006 11:49 AM  
Blogger Jeremy C said...

i got another one (courtesy of St Joe class of 94) - it's called "lan-pa tua say liap" or literally meaning balls big small...hehe

February 15, 2006 3:08 PM  
Blogger Wuching said...

'beh-song' can also be substituted for 'tu-lan' rite?

February 15, 2006 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

creative valentine's card.

for discounted valentines

February 16, 2006 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts