Sunday, April 16, 2006

1869 James Brooke Stamp... how much?

KO-SU n. story

I'd like to share an interesting story. I was once a stamp collector. This hobby dates back long before puberty. When I was in Primary 3, I swapped a Panini WWF sticker for a stamp! Yes, a Panini sticker.



I did not know much about the value of stamps, my aim was simple, I just needed to collect stamps I didn't already have. So when someone showed me a James Brooke stamp, I said ok. The boy collected Panini stickers like any Primary school-kids then.

It didn't take much persuasion, he agreed to barter away this stamp.

It just hit me that I have just acquired a rare stamp when I showed my collection to a friend.

He valued the stamp at RM200. I don't believe. Can someone verify its current value?


Just my three cents. Sisuahlai.

5 Comments:

Blogger __mars said...

did you scan the stamp?

April 16, 2006 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I better check my stamp albums...got some of them, too.

April 16, 2006 9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nolar,its just 3 cents. I will buy from you for 5 cents though.Keke

April 17, 2006 8:09 AM  
Blogger Francis Ho said...

vanquish so 'kiam siap' one!
I buy 10 cents okie? heehee ;)

April 17, 2006 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lau say kia!!

April 17, 2006 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts