Monday, April 17, 2006

Sisuahlai Bei Su Lang

BEI SU LANG adj.,v.,n. "never lose to anyone"
SIAN adv. bored

Being bored apparently has a useful biological function according to some boredom researchers. It serves to re-invigorate the mind and prepares the body for work. So next time, when you stay at home and all your mates are out partying, think to yourself, at least I won't be tired when I return to work tomorrow.

Ok, this is a lame excuse for not going out.

I am going to Scotland later this month, to meet a good friend. An ex-Londoner. Another friend and his wife proposed this trip, but this time I did not have a good excuse to decline. I cannot be working every weekend of the month, and besides I need a break. A break away from London.

We shall we travelling up north by sleepers train, as I cannot see myself engaging in lively conversation for five long hours. That means we will miss most of the beautiful country-side views, especially Durham. For every up-side in life, there is a down-side. And not seeing Durham in daylight is one of the them.

Ok, sorry for this personal rambling. My blog entries are pathetically short, maybe with some filler writing like the one above, your visit here on this blog will be slightly longer than the average 26 seconds.

Now, here is a Sisuahlai material for today... feel free to wet yourself laughing. Or crying. Whichever one comes first.

Sisuahlai speaks with his son.
Sisuahlai: "I want you to marry a girl of my choice."
Son: "No - I will choose my own bride!"
Sisuahlai: "But the girl is Bill Gates' daughter."
Son: "Well, in that case... OK!"
Sisuahlai: SOOI!

Next, Sisuahlai approaches Bill Gates.
Sisuahlai: "I have a husband for your daughter."
Bill Gates: "But my daughter is too young to marry!"
Sisuahlai: "But this young man is a vice-president of the World Bank."
Bill Gates: "Ah, in that case... OK!"
Sisuahlai: SOOI!

Finally, Sisuahlai goes to see the president of the World Bank.
Sisuahlai: "I have a young man to be recommended as a vice-president."
President: "But I already have more vice-presidents than I need!"
Sisuahlai: "But this young man is Bill Gates' son-in-law."
President: "Ah, in that case... OK!"
Sisuahlai: SOOI!


SISUAHLAI SAYS BO TAICHI. WHERE THERE'S A WILL, THERE'S A WAY.

EXTRA:

She ain't heavy. She's my wife....



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good trip & bottoms up a Scotch for me! :)

April 17, 2006 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts