Wednesday, August 30, 2006

4D - Ridiculous Odds

KHAI v. to modify
My experience with various gambling systems to beat the odds (and the statistician in me) has led me to believe that 4D gambling is indeed the biggest legal con-job in the country.
Let me explain. Let's look into the odds of winning 4D with say, one ringgit. The first prize wins you RM2500.
I can't be asked to explain this simple game to beginners, so this is the copy and paste rules from a popular Malaysian 4D site:
4D Game is a simple game of chance. To play, you just pick a 4-digit number, or 4D number, from the 10,000 possible numbers of 0000 to 9999. You win when the 4D number you picked matches one or more of the winning 4D numbers drawn by us.
Now for the harsh reality.
If I told you that I am giving out odds for this weekend football match, Manchester United versus Tottenham, specifically for Tottenham to beat Man Utd by more than 5 goals, all of them scored in the first 10 minutes of the game, and Tottenham did not concede any goals and none of their players were yellow carded throughout the 90 minutes of play, would you take it? By the way, the odds I am giving out is 2500:1.
Any interested gamblers out there? Oh, and I forget to tell you that I am actually short-changing you. The odds should have been 9999:1.
Let's make it more interesting. Say to increase your chance of winning, I khai this a little. I tempt you with more odds of winning, with different prize money of course.
These are the prize distribution:
For RM1 you can win:
RM2500 if Tottenham beat Man Utd by more than 5 goals, all scored in first 10 minutes, Tottenham kept a clean sheet and none of their players were yellow carded
RM1000 as above but without the yellow card stipulation.
RM500 as above but without the yellow card stipulation and goals can be scored within the first 20 minutes.
RM200 if the Tottenham goalkeeper was substituted and the reserve goalie then scored, all in the first half
Still fancy your chance?
don't SISUAHLAI with money.

2 Comments:

Blogger Francis Ho said...

okie smart cookie ... i'll like to see your take on 6D then! hehee ;)

August 29, 2006 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the total prizemoney for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, starters and consolation? I don't believe that calculating the odds for 1st prize only is right... but in any case must be still short of 9999:1 cos need to make money and give some to government(s) of course...

September 06, 2006 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts