Saturday, October 07, 2006

No frills Hong Kong (Part 3): Hong Kong at night

MEI-SI adj. night-time


Hong Kong is definitely not bo(w)ring at night. Like cockcroaches, they become alive at night. My favourite place has to be the Temple Street Market. So much to see, so many things to buy, and so many tempting seedy places I cannot visit e.g. mahjong house, etc etc.


For some reason, even after heavy, seemingly victorous bargaining, you always left feeling cheated whenever you buy anything at Temple Street Market. I bought this glass dragon for HKD$40, having hacked off HKD$40 from the starting price.


And I still have a this lousy feeling that it cost less than HKD$5. I am hoping this is just psychological.

Hong Kong open-air markets lure every idiot tourist like myself, I feel so vulnerable here. It is like there is this invisible force that compels one to buy something... anything. Usually something utterly unnecessary. Yes, like a glass dragon.

How could I escape? This helpful travel agent found us a hotel conveniently located between the two largest open-air markets in Hong Kong: Temple Street Market and Ladies' Market. Pok-kai man!

Hong Kong is definitely a place worth exploring if you have cash. As for me, I am getting out of here fast...

Next entry: Escape to Shanghai

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the top internet sites I have come along. Proficient, simply monumental. - acne treatment

October 07, 2006 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Queerly enough , I just about formed a website like this. I'm glad someone else took that movement as well as having such congratulationses at present. - bad breath

October 08, 2006 2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Your comment box is now an advertising box. Do have fun in Shanghai. Take more pictures! I want to see more of the world!

October 08, 2006 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to enter, I surely am getting a bit covetous here seeing at this web page. It is easily astonishing and everything I demand. - contact lenses

October 09, 2006 12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am exceedingly disbelieving when it prospects to the domain. But, I certainly am Eventually convinced that it ought to be aesthetically advantageous through and through this webpage. - getting pregnant

October 10, 2006 12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This internet site need to be an good example to be pursued by the rest. It most likely marks it's ranks very high up. - wedding speeches

October 10, 2006 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts