Monday, November 27, 2006

Sawasdee krap

CHIAK HONG v.,n. the uncomplicated, quaint act of eating wind. BURP!
CHIAK-HONG v. the slightly more sophisticated act of booking an AirAsia flight out of town

This will be my second last holiday destination for the year 2006. Bangkok, Thailand.

This is not a de-stress exercise. This is not an escape. Kuching has offered me all the necessary sanctuary for life's detoxification. I am here for a nobler purpose. I am here to celebrate King Bhumipol's 60th anniversary of His accession to the Throne . I simply adore cultish King-worshipping activity. This is similar to my last act of voting BN into power, again. Well, at least I am loyal.

I will be wearing yellow on Mondays, just like all monarch-loving people here. If I am too lazy to do laundry, I might just continue wearing the same colour until the King's birthday in December. We'll see.

Well, if you are not so monarch-loving, you can still visit Bangkok solely for a glimpse of its truly majestic new international airport, Suvarnabhumi International Airport. I know, like copycats, we Kuching people have a new airport, they also want a new airport.

I think they would have preferred our local super-efficient construction company to take on this project, we have a new airport in one year and it took them 10 years to plan and build this one.

Tomorrow, I shall be getting up early to catch the morning bus to the centre of universe: Wat Phra Kaew. And if my budget master allows, I shall also be spending the night in one of the world's most luxurious hotel, The Peninsula.

Excited? Indeed I am.

On second thought, the money saved could buy me 40 Thai and foot massages. Hmm.. (pei tau).

Want to read more? Scratch here.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kuching airport can be built in one year? no wonder it ranks number 2,567th in the world presently. See ya at Changi!

January 31, 2007 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts