Friday, January 18, 2008

A truly Malaysian farce

Ghong-ghong adj. blur-blur

Did you notice? The Lingam Youtube clip was acted out by a truly Malaysian cast.

You have an Indian lawyer, talking to a Malay judge (allegedly), all caught on cam by a Chinese amateur (allegedly).

Remember the guy who was concerned that someone finally found out about corrupt practice in his Tourism Ministry? The same guy took the stand on the Lingam's case yesterday.

Our current Tourism Minister, Tengku Adnan, was mentioned in the Youtube clip. When asked by the court, this was what he said about Lingam's state of mind.

I don’t know what he was saying. I believe it’s not true... I think he was mabuk (drunk). I don't know who he was talking to anyway.”

Good defence Tengku. Play ghong.

Now the whole country awaits Lingam's testimony. I think the only thing that will save him if he plays ghong also and denies the whole damn thing. He must not follow Chua Soi Lek's footsteps and admit what he was alleged of doing. He should say something along the line:

"I was just fooling around la. I had some drinks and pretend to talk to someone on the phone. Actually, there was nobody on the line. My phone was not even switched on! Ha ha. I was just main-main. The kid who videod me thought I was for real. Ha ha. I fooled him. You should see the look on the boy's face."

Whatever you say, I think you'll be fine, Lingam. Everyone that is high and mighty will be on your side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts