Sunday, February 03, 2008

Don't mock my monkey

KAO n. monkey

I thought I had a Tim Burton moment. Were my senses playing tricks on me?

I thought it was a joke when I read the headline that goes Malaysian Scraps Plan to Export Monkeys. Hmm... okay. First, I thought the metaphorical monkeys refer to dissenting Malaysian residents. The ones that march for illusionary justice. The ones that cry foul when the water-gun is deployed. How rude, I say, for an article to refer them/us/you as monkeys.

Ha, ha (in pretend laughing tone). It turned out to be real mung-kee. Apparently we have urban monkey problem. They run rampage in cities, says one report. So far, I have been fortunate cos there ain't no monkey where I work and there ain't no monkey in Kuching either. So where are these pesky monkeys?

Rough guess... Berjaya Times Sq./Pudu/Chow Kit perhaps?

According to the article, our made-in-Malaysia monkeys are not export quality. Our environment Minister confirmed that our monkeys were truly unfit. The minister claimed our monkeys were sick with diseases such as tuberculosis, malaria, hepatitis and AIDS. Malaysia monyet tak boleh punya.

Somehow, I feel strangely mocked by this article.

Choose your favourite real mung-kee stories:
mung-kee story 1
mung-kee story 2 (old story)

5 Comments:

Blogger naeboo~ said...

when i was in tanjung bungah last time, my apt was attacked by a couple of monkeys.

they were shitting and jumping here and there AT THE SAME TIME at the balcony.

luckily, we didnt have the door open and there's no clothes out to dry that day.

crazy.

February 03, 2008 12:23 PM  
Blogger Sisuahlai said...

I thought such incidents were confined to Bako Park, safaris and zoos. I guess I was wrong to think that.

February 03, 2008 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not export them to Vietnam or South China? Those qualm-less guys will eat anything that walks. Infected? C'mon are you telling me the monkeys in them countries are whistle clean? After centuries of eating out of dirty wok and poison tainted bamboo chopstick, heck, they're immune!

February 03, 2008 9:10 PM  
Blogger Sisuahlai said...

Nice one Kong!

February 04, 2008 12:49 AM  
Blogger naeboo~ said...

no lor. it's near the beach mah. but then again. it's a beach not a jungle. i was also surprised but apparently, it's pretty normal to my ex housemate. *shrugs*

February 07, 2008 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts