Thursday, June 05, 2008

Blogs that I read daily and why 70% of you are obsessed with your blog traffic

I am first a blog-reader. Then a blogger. Since it is Thursday evening, and I have completed my evening work (job that pays me more than my 9-5 work! I like), I will share with you some of my personal blog favourites, stuff that I read on a daily basis. Some of them, I am going to admit, I even hit the refresh button a few hours apart just to see new comments or new entries. Because they are that great...

1. Salvatore Dali
He has a weekly column in the Star, which has a more regulated writing style than his punchy blog entries. His opinions and investment ideas are way more convincing, more superior and more readable than the bland stuff you get in the local business pages. He does not give you the obvious and he sees beyond the black and white. God bless him for making my day less boring - and in my book, he is the best Malaysian financial blogger. He updates daily (almost).

2. Marina Mahathir
She writes better than her dad. Now that I reside in KL, I can share and appreciate some of her grievances and pain of being a KLite (she is a Bangsarian). She is passionate, in sensible doses I should add, about feminist issues and anything to do with HIV awareness in Malaysia. A lot of her commentors wished her blog was more political, but she is smart enough to know that she needs to be consistent and you cannot do that by having political sides. She was not even in UMNO to begin with. Now that is NEUTRAL.

3. Kenny Sia
To get fashion tips. :P

4. Sisuahlai
To check my traffic, just like 70% of dumbass bloggers (sidenote: my non-stat checking sis uses a lot of dumbasses and any word that ends with asses). I am one of them but so far this week I have been a good boy - no traffic checking for the last 3 hours...

Why do we keep checking our stupid stats for??

I guess it is to do with this: Attention = Blog traffic. We like to know people are paying attention to us. Pathetic! And I am guilty of this.

have a good weekend
(and I need a rehab for stat-checking neurosis)


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice review you have here.. i will be back checking for more of your posts.. :D

June 06, 2008 4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blogs over there, thanks for sharing it. Anyway, just my comment, I personally think that blog is one of the greatest invention in the century. Nowadays there are a huge percentage of websites are blogs. However, depending on how you want your blog to be, if you just wanted to have some side income, yes, you have to take care of your traffic. Else, make it private.

June 06, 2008 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i kinda missed the hokkien words that you used to share. none left?

June 08, 2008 9:25 PM  
Blogger kennysia said...

Fashion Tip: Get your nipples painted black.

June 09, 2008 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey u r far better than tat kennysia ...at least u confess u K abt the attn thing....well tats oni normal 4 normal ppl 2 know how much attn he get 4 his work...u c even a gal kissing wif a boy in public area will put her eyes on the passing crowd instead of her bf

happy blogging :)

June 13, 2008 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts