Sunday, June 22, 2008

Coldplay New Album (see topless lady on album cover!), Vote of No-Confidence, Experiment with a Blog Template, Russia will win Euro, Brazilian Ladies

The week that was that, and this, and a little bit more of that. I have reverted back to the original Sisuahlai minima black blog template as I could not fix some bugs on the new template, the white background Gecko template. Never mind. I am still looking out for a clean simple bloggerspot template... let me know if you know a good link. Thanks.


Yeah, I (got out and) bought Coldplay's latest album -Viva La Vida. The album was released earlier this month, but we still haven't got a Malaysian release/edition, and thanks to my impatience, and schoolboy eagerness, I simply gave myself no choice but to buy the heavily priced imported CD. I am listening to it now, on repeat as I normally warm to Coldplay stuff only after the 4th or 5th repeat. A bit like listening to church hymms/choir songs, the tunes are not earth-shattering stuff, but it is the mood that makes those rhythm and words so beautiful. You and I know that Coldplay seldom do bubblegum immediates.

Thought processes during several rounds of listening to Coldplay's Viva La Vida:
1st: RM48.50 is not cheap man!
2nd: Hmm... what if I ripped those songs and then return the CD to the shop?
3rd: hey, I can hum to some of the tunes
4th: This is not bad stuff! Be my mirror, my sword, and shield, my missionaries in a foreign field la la la la (i am singing)
5th: let's spread the goodness on my blog!


Now to some zzzz politics. (Boss, satu kopi-o kaw!)

What the heck is SAPP doing? They are ruining my KL Stock Exchange share values. The market is so bearish, the only way now to get quicker investment returns are Euro 2008. No wonder the bookies are smiling, people are flocking to do business with them in times like these! Stealing my biz!! (Btw, SSL does not condone football betting, it is evil... I know that, because Holland lost.)

SAPP's YTL, the side-burn, misai and no-confidence vote

I actually agree with some of SAPP demands. But I don't know about this no-confidence vote motion. I am not so sure removing Pak Lah is the right cure here, because I am worried we might get another M-esque leadership as a replacement. That would be worse, no? We have seen so many positive (re: judicial independence, political transparency & accountability) changes since Pak Lah took over as PM. It does not matter whether those changes are attributed directly to him, or someone else because the take home conclusion is that those changes took place when Pak Lah is PM. So in other words, we are moving towards a fairer and equitable (not necessarily richer) Malaysia, albeit at crawling speed. But at least we are moving to somewhere.

I do seriously hope our politicians can sort things out fast. This political uncertainty is definitely spooking foreign investors from doing business with us. A longer and more protracted political guessing game is never good for anyone, so Anwar (Ku Li, Najib or whoever rocks your political boat) stop the talk and just get on with the walk.

brazilian ladies! a healthy diversionary pic from weary malaysian politics (you can catch some hot brazilian ladies in the new Incredible Hulk movie!!)

Now, back again to my blog template. I am learning to appreciate the importance of a good blog skin. Before, all I want to do is just getting my posts out there. But people are always attracted to aesthetic (check out Brazilian ladies pic, see what I mean), so again if you know a nice and clean template, please let me know so I can upload it to SSL. The keyword is free.

Have a nice week! And good luck Russia.

4 Comments:

Blogger naeboo~ said...

yah lor. i heard even digi's shares were the lowest on fri ley

June 23, 2008 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have seen so many positive (re: judicial independence, political transparency & accountability) changes since Pak Lah took over as PM.

===

ha?

June 23, 2008 5:15 PM  
Blogger Sisuahlai said...

anon, trust me when I say there is an improvement.

think back to the 1990s and late 1980s, we were so afraid to talk about politics in public.

June 23, 2008 11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, you bought the cd for RM48.90?

I bought it for frickin RM49.90!
Damnit! lol. Glad you enjoyed the album! :D

June 26, 2008 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts