Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I ****ed a girl and I liked it

If I get paid $1 for making one right prediction each day, I will be living in up in a nice mansion, equipped with 10 maids, 2 drivers and 1000 girlfriends. Ok, a little exaggeration, just 999 girlfriends.

I knew they would be some form of stupid, unnecessary censorship on that Kate Perry's I kissed a girl and I liked it song! Hitz FM had played the raw, uncensored, fat full-cream original version just a couple of weeks ago, and now someone decided to be a smartie and introduced the ridiculous edited fit-for-retards version.

They edited out the kiss part in the song, and it sounded even more vulgar!! Who decided this??

Each time the chorus plays, the song went into some incomprehensible mumble like so...

I (mumblemumble) a girl and I liked it
The taste of her cherry chapstick
I (mumblemumble) a girl just to try it
I hope my boyfriend don’t mind it
It felt so wrong
It felt so right
Don’t mean I’m in love tonight
I (mumblemumble) a girl and I liked it
I liked it

I asked a friend who unfortunately heard the edited version first before the real deal what that mumble mumbojumbo was supposed to say... and he said FUCK.

I fucked a girl and I liked it!!

This is what ridiculous censorship and unnecessary editing do to songs. Just leave it as it is, otherwise don't bother playing it!! Idiots.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

"This is what ridiculous censorship and unnecessary editing do to songs. Just leave it as it is, otherwise don't bother playing it!! Idiots."

some emotion, finally!

June 19, 2008 12:11 AM  
Blogger anthraxxxx said...

just imagine if Limp Bizkit's Hot Dog made it to national airwaves....

June 20, 2008 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea.. this is just unnecessary and just too much.. naive or dumb?!

June 20, 2008 2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there i'm acctually working for hitz.fm and i tell you you won't believe the arguments that we had in the office over this song ever since it got into rotation.Don't get me wrong i totally agree with you that the editing is really unnecessary and it just made the song sounds more vulgar than it is.But then again we do have the local ministry of communication watching our every move(and mind you they really monitor especially US)So when i finally stumble upon this blog than i know that i have a solid ammo to back the fact the the edit is actually making the song sounds more vulgar and i'm not the only 1 that is feeling that way.So i manage to convince them to flip the edit instead.Thank you for bringing up the point of case and actually listening to us.Thanks again.

June 24, 2008 7:24 PM  
Blogger Sisuahlai said...

Thanks for commenting. Glad that more than 1 person in this planet Earth share the same opinion as moi (speaking with flared nostrils). Now please get JJ and Rudy to call SSL... :P

June 24, 2008 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts