Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Looks like a drunk idiot, sounds like a drunk idiot

"BEI-GI-la" adj. convenient forgetfulness

Hey, Lingam actually took my advice. Well, almost.


He approximately denied the allegation in court. He denied talking to (former Chief Justice Tun) Ahmad Fairuz over the phone in that Youtube clip. He claimed he could be drunk after a few glasses of wine. But what really gets me was this "Lingam lawyer" talk.

Asked if the person on that Youtube clip was him, instead of giving a normal, straight, non-retarded yes/no response, he had to say this...

"it looks like me, it sounds like me"

He said those words repeatedly when asked to commit if the person on the clip was actually him.

You know, if I gave this kind of answer to my elders when they asked me a simple yes/no question, I'd deserve a big, fat slap.

Lingam went on with his lawyer talk...

Lazar (counsel for the Malaysian Bar): Are you prepared to say you’re not the person in the clip?

Lingam: I’m not prepared to say that.

Lazar: So it could be you? It’s probably you. You’ve already said it looks like you. Do you know of anyone who looks and sounds like you?

Lingam: I do not know.

(source: The Star)

If I have a giant, magical hand with a super-reach and a powerful swing, you know whose face it will be on. Piang!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shouldn't have been "Bei-gi" but tneh-gong.

January 23, 2008 3:57 AM  
Blogger Sisuahlai said...

Yeah, that would do also. This Lingam guy would have say and do anything just to worm himself out of trouble. And playing dumb and forgetting facts are his favourite legal weapons.

January 23, 2008 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts