Thursday, July 10, 2008

why we should not snub Innit even if it banned/snubbed us: the SSL "violin-music" story

Blogger Robin said...

innit ban you???
why?

July 09, 2008 7:33 PM
Blogger Sisuahlai said...

Robin, that one you have to ask Timothy and his cool Nuffnang gang.

Oh, if you don't get replies from them, these posts might help you unravel the mystery.

http://www.themediaslut.com/2008/05/1026

http://sisuahlai.blogspot.com/2008/05/is-nuffnang-working-for-us.html

Btw, it is still a mystery.

July 09, 2008 7:49 PM
Blogger Robin said...

i see...

July 09, 2008 8:27 PM

As much as blog aggregator would like us to believe that this is a community for us to share blog ideas, good or bad, they also have their idiosyncrasies and regulations. What is appropriate to us, might not be appropriate to their administrators. I have previously said that Innit belongs to Nuffnang, so really, I am fine (ok, grind my teeth a little maybe) with them setting the ground rules (whatever they may be). I am not bitter with the Innit ban, I am more puzzled by it if anything. Personally, banning bloggers from aggregator sites is counterproductive to the transparency culture that blogosphere is trying so hard to promote. Any notion that the ad agency is "bad for your health" could have been dealt with more amicably e.g. open discussion, and not silencing the blogger with ban and falling for the "I have been defamed" paranoia. (This is my suggestion, and I won't charge you a single sen for it, because I am nice like that.)

Back from 2-month Innit addiction rehab. SSL.

(Apologies for this ultra-boring entry about Innit. This will be the last one about the Innit's ban for the next 30 days, I am also very weary writing about it!)

2 Comments:

Blogger naeboo~ said...

just forget about it ley.

just a bunch of nerds trying to be cool what.

if they canot even take a little constructive criticisms, let them crash and burn on their own terms lar.

July 12, 2008 7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it me or has ur creativity level dropped? No offence but I was looking for interesting stuffs, aside from the usual politics. Keep it up, man!

July 14, 2008 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts